Buy a one day tour to get a second one day tour for £20pp
- When booking the Loch Ness 1-day or the Multi-Lingual you are entitled to another (only one other) 1-day tour for £20 per person, subject to availability.
- The same applies for the Skye 1-day tour from Inverness.
- You must book directly with us at our shop, over the phone or by email.
- The additional tour must be booked at the same time or by providing the Loch Ness/Multi-Lingual/Skye booking reference number.
Cancellation and Refunds for scheduled tours
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a 1-day scheduled tour the following charges apply:
- Within 48 hours of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- 48-72 hours before the tour departure, a 50% refund of the tour price will be given.
- 72 hours or more before the tour departure, a full refund of the tour price will be given.
- Within 7 days of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- 7-14 days before the tour departure, a 50% refund of the tour price will be given.
- 14 days or more before the tour departure, a 90% refund of the tour price will be given.
We reserve the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances such as those out with of our control. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered:
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour, or an alternative trip or if the tour is a lower cash value clients will receive a cash adjustment refund; or a total refund of all prepaid monies.
Cancellation and Refunds for private tours
The 20% deposit is forfeited on any cancellation, which must be notified to the company in writing by e-mail or post, and sent via recorded delivery.
Where the balance owing on a tour is not paid prior to the six week deadline then the company reserves the right to cancel the tour and forfeit the deposit.
- 41-28 days before start - 75% of balance
- 27-14 days before start - 50% of balance
- 13-0 days before start - NIL
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour or
- An alternative trip or tour which if a lower cash value will include a cash adjustment refund or
- A total refund of all prepaid monies.
Cancellation and Refunds for unique tours
- Due to the unique nature of our specialized tours i.e. X-mas & New Year tours a specific cancellation charge applies to this product - up to 7 days prior to departure 50% refund. Within 7 days - no refund)
- Due to the fact that we use 3 star accommodation for our X-Mas & New Year tours all prices are based on two sharing a room.
General Guidelines for all tours
Children policy: We do accept children of 3 years old and above on all tours, providing a valid proof of age, such as passport or birth certificate. We do accept infants under 3 on the Multi-Lingual Highland Adventure and they will travel at the appropriate infant rate.
luggage policy: Maximum weight: 15kg. Maximum size: 55 x 40 x 20 per person. Left luggage offices available in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. See our FAQs 'How much luggage can I bring?'
Any personal property should be carried at the travellers responsibilityWe reserve the right to change the tour itinerary at any time due to weather, acts of God and events out without our control.
Unless stated otherwise, food, attractions and accommodation is not included in the tour price however; clients may be eligible for a discount when mentioning Highland Experience.
Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
Highland Experience recommends all passengers take our suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
Driver tips are not included in the tour price but if deserved, greatly appreciated.
Please note that we operate with a minimum number of 5 passengers on all tours except private tours.
Money back guaranteed (tour only)
As we continue to strive for improvement we would like to hear your comments and if we have failed to deliver the quality experience advertised we will refund your money in full. This offer applies to the scheduled transport element only and no third parties, i.e. accommodation, meals or attractions.
Accommodation for extended or private tours
Clients booking ' TOUR ONLY' option should follow this information as NO accommodation is included in the price.
Guest will be dropped in a central point in each location.
Please contact us for details of locations, firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to make your own way to your accommodation.
You will also need to make your way back to the drop point the following day to be collected.
You must inform Highland Experience at least 2 days in advance of your tour departure where you have booked your accommodation.
Please contact us after booking and we can inform you of the locations to book.
Should you experience any difficulties please contact us where we will be happy to help.
It is the responsibility of the Passenger to ensure that they are at the departure point in good time and that they adhere to the departure times given in the Company''s publicity and by its representatives. Coaches will not be held for Passengers who are late. In such cases full cancellation charges will apply and the Company shall have no further liability to that Passenger.
Alterations by the company
Whilst the Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the tour as planned, the Company reserves the right to alter itineraries in any way, and for whatever reason, or to vary hotel accommodation. In the case of hotel accommodation alternative accommodation of a similar standard will be obtained.
Suppliers of service
Tickets for steamships, aircraft, trains or other carriers which are obtained by the Company on behalf of the Passenger are subject to the conditions of carriage of the individual carrier. The Company undertakes to select hotels, restaurants and coach companies which have a good reputation. The company will not accept or have any liability for the acts of omissions whether negligent or otherwise, of ferry companies, coach operators, hotels or any other person providing services in connection with the arrangements of the group/ individual(s) unless such a person is employed by the Company or subject to the Company''s direct control. The Company is dedicated to providing Passengers with a reliable and fault free service. In the unlikely event that a Passenger wishes to raise any queries or complaints with the Company, such query or complaint should be raised in the first instance with the tour guide, who will endeavour to resolve the situation to the Passenger''s satisfaction. If any complaint cannot be resolved by the tour guide, Passengers must address their complaints in writing to the Company within one month from the last day of the tour provided by the Company.
The Company does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fires, sickness, weather conditions, airport regulations, temporary, technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown of transport or any facilities contained within advertised accommodation, explosion of any nuclear plant or part thereof or radioactivity/contamination arising from such plant or events beyond the reasonable control of the Company.